You know that I only share recipes here that are easy. I work on the premise that if I can make it, then anyone can! Well, today I wanted to share with you a recent hit with the family, a simple to make family recipe that is comfort food at its best. Tuna Pasta Cheesy Bake is perfect for those colder evenings, filling tummies and offering up a good mix of carbs, protein and vegetables, so read on if you think this might be a meal that your family would enjoy…
Tuna Pasta Cheesy Bake Ingredients (Serves 4)
200g drained canned tuna
125g frozen sweetcorn
500g jar of tomato pasta sauce
100g grated cheese
Optional extra toppings ideas, along with the cheese: 1 individual-sized bag of crisps or crispy onion bits
Tuna Pasta Cheesy Bake Recipe
– Pop the pasta into a saucepan with hot water and simmer until cooked (usually around 10 minutes)
– When the pasta is cooked, drain it in a colander and leave it in there whilst you put your saucepan back to work.
– Pour your sauce into the saucepan and simmer on a low heat. Add in your sweetcorn and drained tuna and stir it all together..
– Now grab that drained pasta and add it to the saucepan and mix everything together for a couple of minutes.
– Pour it all into an over-proof dish and spread it out evenly.
– Sprinkle your grated cheese and any extra toppings over the top and then place it all under the grill for a few minutes. You’ll know when it’s ready as the cheese will all be golden brown and it’ll smell so good!
Now go eat! We serve ours with whatever we fancy that evening, so it might be a salad, crusty bread, chips, vegetables, whatever you have in the cupboard.
Would this be a meal that you family might enjoy? If you try it, please do pop back and let me know how it went down with everyone!