You know that I only share recipes here that are easy. I work on the premise that if I can make it, then anyone can! Well, today I wanted to share with you a recent hit with the family, a simple to make family recipe that is comfort food at its best, tuna cheesy pasta bake.
If you are anything like me, you are always on the lookout for easy to make family meals. It can be tricky finding something that all of my family love, though I tend to be on safe ground if I experiment with different kinds of pasta meals.
I came up with this tuna pasta bake as it was one of those evenings when I didn’t fancy making what I had on the meal plan, so I had a rummage around in the cupboard to see what I had to hand. We always have the ingredients for this one in, and I would guess that many of us do, so this should be a good one for you to throw together.
It is super easy to prepare and takes very little time, and these two factors are always going to make it a winner in my book!
Tuna Pasta Cheesy Bake is perfect for those colder evenings, filling tummies and offering up a good mix of carbs, protein and vegetables, so read on if you think this might be a meal that your family would enjoy.
Tuna Pasta Cheesy Bake Ingredients (Serves 4)
200g drained canned tuna
125g frozen sweetcorn
500g jar of tomato pasta sauce
100g grated cheese
Optional extra toppings ideas, along with the cheese: 1 individual-sized bag of crisps or crispy onion bits
The optional toppings really make this one, in my opinion, and as you an try different things, it kind of makes it a different meal each time!
Tuna Pasta Cheesy Bake Recipe
OK, now for the cooking part. You only need to allow around 20-25 minutes in total for this one. To speed things up, go put your pasta on to cook first, and while that is cooking, gather your other ingredients together, weigh them out ready and grab your oven-proof dish. Here we go then:
– Pop the pasta into a saucepan with hot water and simmer until cooked (usually around 10 minutes)
– When the pasta is cooked, drain it in a colander and leave it in there whilst you put your saucepan back to work.
– Pour your sauce into the saucepan and simmer on a low heat. Add in your sweetcorn and drained tuna and stir it all together..
– Now grab that drained pasta and add it to the saucepan and mix everything together for a couple of minutes.
– Pour it all into an over-proof dish and spread it out evenly.
– Sprinkle your grated cheese and any extra toppings over the top and then place it all under the grill for a few minutes. You’ll know when it’s ready as the cheese will all be golden brown and it’ll smell so good!
Now go eat! We serve ours with whatever we fancy that evening, so it might be a salad, crusty bread, chips, vegetables, whatever you have in the cupboard.
This is now a family favourite, it fills us all up and it has the added bonus of being both easy to make and budget-friendly. Lots of boxes ticked with this one.
Would this be a meal that you family might enjoy? If you try it, please do pop back and let me know how it went down with everyone!