The rather lovely Karen over at CraftyMama has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award – thanks, Karen! The rules are simple enough:
– Link back to and thank the person nominating you.
– Share 7 things about yourself
– Nominate a further 10 bloggers for this award.
To accept this award, I need to share with you 7 random things about me, and as I’ve been blogging for a while now and shared various bits and bobs, I’ll do my best to make it 7 things I’ve not talked about before. Here goes!
1. I’d rather run than swim, I’d rather ride a horse than a bike, I’d rather play badminton than tennis and I’d rather dance than sing.
2. As a child I wanted to be a vet, a soldier, a mechanic, a writer, a journalist, a zoo-keeper and a pathologist.
3. I’ve had three dogs in my life. The first a black mongrel who died when I was 6, then a dalmatian and border collie crossed who lived to the grand age of 19, and now my only ‘own’ dog, our Basset Bleu De Gascogne, who turns 10 next week.
4. The first concert that I ever went to was New Kids on the Block, and the last was Billy Joel. There’s been a whole host of others in between!
5. There are a few films that I watch where I can recite much of the script. I’d like to tell you that they’re all academy award winners, but truth is, they are Dirty Dancing, Uncle Buck, Grease and Legally Blonde. It is what it is, people!
6. I’m allergic to cats. I don’t dislike them, but I’d rather not go near one for fear of itchy eyes, a streaming nose and my throat closing-up!
7. If I could live anywhere but here in the world (and if I basically had a different life!) I’d choose Paris. The sights, the architecture, the history, the art, the food, the atmosphere, all just beautiful.
And now to the nominations, and I’m afraid I’m going to cheat here. I know so many people have already done this one, and I know far more than 10 lovely bloggers, so I’m nominating you, yes you reading this, and suggest you join in, too 🙂