This has been a firm family dinner favourite here for years. The Husband and I enjoyed it prior to the kids arriving, and as it’s cheesy pasta, it goes down well with the children, too. It’s my fast and easy go-to meal if we’ve been out all day and I haven’t had time to cook, or if I’m simply not in the mood to do so. It’s also a meal that all four us enjoy and eat, which is always a win! So I thought I’d share our Cheesy Ham Pasta here for you to give it a whirl..
Cheesy Ham Pasta Ingredients
200g dry pasta
1 carton of Double Cream (around 300ml)
A knob of butter
3-4 slices of Ham
A cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
Black pepper to season
Cheesy Ham Pasta Recipe
– Pop the pasta into a saucepan, pour over water to cover and cook on the hob for around 10 minutes, or until pasta is soft
– Once the pasta’s been cooking for 5 minutes, you can start on the sauce.
– Melt the butter in a large pan on a low heat, then add in the double cream and stir.
– Tear up the slices of ham into small bite-size pieces and add them into the sauce.
– Add most of the grated Parmesan cheese into the sauce and stir thoroughly.
– Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, stirring to ensure it’s all covered.
– Serve and sprinkle the remaining cheese over, along with black pepper to season.
Serve the cheesy ham pasta with garlic bread and side salad.
We love this one. I like the simplicity of it, and the fact that I know we’ll all eat it. It’s also made up of ingredients that I tend to have in anyway, so it’s an easy fall-back option for us if I haven’t anything else planned. Is this something your family would enjoy?