Hi, and thanks for visiting my blog.
I’m Jocelyn, a mum of two, a daughter, born Oct 2009 and a son, born Sep 2012. They’ll be known as Boo and Little Man here. We also live with the Husband and two cute guinea pigs, and together we’re the Readings. I’ll share a little about us…
Since October 2009, things have changed a fair bit around here. I had a career in leadership and financial services management, but when the time came for me to return after maternity leave, it no longer felt the right thing to be spending my life doing. So in the summer of 2010 I became a stay at home mum, and since July 2013, a blogger. I then added student to my list of things to keep me busy in 2015, as I’ve resumed my Open University degree, and I’m enjoying indulging my love of history through my studies.
A Few Reading Facts..
– The Husband’s sporty and artistic, and I’m….not…! I like to read, write, manage, organise. Not as thrilling, but it is what it is. Boo seems to have inherited her daddy’s interest and talents where art’s concerned, and time will tell whether Little Man is going to be a footballer. It’s fair to say that they are little daredevils and will have a go at absolutely anything, I think I have a pair of adrenalin junkies on my hands. Both kids are readers, so my influence is in there!
– We love getting out and about together and exploring new places. Parks, picnics, farms, castles, theme parks, museums, libraries, zoos and festivals, we enjoy them all and I like to share our days out as well as mini-breaks and holidays.
– At the moment we’re all about Florida! We’ve booked to go to Disney World and Universal Studios this summer so are planning, saving, and getting excited about that!
– We’re a close family, the kids get on very well, and we are also lucky enough to be close to our wider family. The children have doting grandparents, fabulous aunts and uncles and two lovely cousins, all of whom we see regularly.
– Little Man is now in Reception at school whilst Boo is in Year 3. He’d rather be home, she adores school!
Ice Cream. Yep, that’s the first thing that’s popped into my head…and also, flip flops, Yankee candles, flowers, Modern Family, sunshine, perfume, Paris, Game of Thrones, films, books, books and more books. I’ve always been interested in history, I’m an enthusiastic gardener, I like faffing with interiors and I have a strong leaning towards pretty stationery purchases.
What will you find here?
I will bring you our days out and family fun to inspire and to recommend, our reviews of anything we’ve tried to share our findings with you, a range of gardening, home and food projects, finds, tips and suggestions, and I’ll share my progress with the Open University with you. Every Wednesday I host #BringBackPaper here, with regular activities to get involved in and all things paper-loving to share, as well as regular Bring Back Paper vlogs. On a Friday I will look back over my week and share it with you, summed up in one word, as this is the home of the weekly linky Word of the Week.
A Few Of My Favourite Posts
On the Home
If you’ve Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest or StumbleUpon accounts, do find me over there too, as it’s nice to connect elsewhere. I am quite active on my social media accounts so you have been warned! You can pop and see us over on YouTube and you can keep up with my posts at Bloglovin or subscribing by email (it’s in my sidebar there).
And don’t hesitate to comment or get in touch. It’s always nice to hear what you think.
Thanks for reading, Jocelyn x
I am PR friendly and I’d love to hear from you if you feel you have a product or service that my family and my readers would be interested in. We’re based near Birmingham, West Midlands.
I can offer brand ambassadorships, sponsored posts, product, experience and travel reviews, competitions, social sharing, videos and sidebar ads. I have a cumulative and genuinely engaged social following reach of over 40k.
I’ve worked with brands such as ….
Do visit my Testimonials page and I’ve a full Media Pack available upon request with further statistics, demographics and fees.