I’m talking about seemingly innocuous things here that make me mad, whilst they are probably a delight to the next person, or at least inoffensive. I’m not talking the big issues here, you understand, the things that make most of us justifiably angry. No, I’m talking…..
– Inspector Gadget. He’s a buffoon. Yes, I know that he’s meant to be and that’s part of his ‘charm’, but he irritates me beyond belief, and has done since my childhood. How, how, can he be outwitted every single time by a child and his pet dog? What sort of a bungling idiot is he? Why does Penny put up with it? Oh, just thinking about him and his foolish gadgetry that gets him nowhere but trouble is getting me all wound up.
– Magicians. I am not amazed, dazzled, confounded and watching in wonderment. I’m always in two camps on this. Either the magician is poor, and I cannot get my head around why he’s even doing it, or he’s like a wizard and I cannot figure out how he’s doing it, which annoys me! Yet I’ve booked one for my daughter’s party next month, go figure.
– The Walking Dead. I am well aware that most of you are probably yelling at me for this one. I know that it’s hugely popular, in fact, the Husband and my brother absolutely love this show, but for me, it frustrates me. I’m a fan of the horror genre, but generally speaking, the brilliant Shaun of the Dead aside, I don’t like zombie movies. There doesn’t tend to be a way out. Things always look totally hopeless and where will it end? The same thing just keeps on happening!
– Which does lead me on to thinking about horror films in general. I am so frequently left feeling let down at the end of a horror film. I can’t remember watching one in recent years that did actually scare me, and keep me scared right through until the end. The final scenes so often disappoint and ruin any suspense that has been built up. Oh, and don’t get me started on why they always split up, or why they always run up the stairs when being chased – I am shouting at the screen at this point!
– No post. Now, you’ll no doubt know that I do love my snail mail, so I frequently have happy mail coming through, or perhaps nice things to work with and review. There are then the days where it’s more run of the mill post, but at least it’s post. I do not like the days when the postman bypasses my postbox. How dare he? To be fair, this one makes me more grumpy than angry. But then I get angry with myself when I’m feeling grumpy…
Looking over this, it appears that much of my rage is sparked by watching TV and films. Better off to sticking to books, as I suspected 😉
What makes you inexplicably angry?
I am sorry if I’ve offended any magicians in the writing of this post.