Thanks to the lovely Kelly, over at TiasMum12, as she has nominated me for a Liebster Award! So what does this mean? Well, to start with Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome – very nice! That’s definitely a good start, and it’s really about continuing to build the blogging community.
It’s to be given only to bloggers who have less then 200 followers. I have to answer set questions and share random facts, while linking back and thanking the person who nominated me. Having done that, I then nominate between 5-11 other blogs, contact them to let them know they have been awarded, and pose to them my own set of questions. Simple
So here are my answers to Kelly’s questions:
1) How long have you been blogging?
Hmm, well, I ran a children’s book blog, Bookbabblers from May 2010 until early last year, when my business and another baby on the way meant I decided to hand over the reigns to one of my reviewers. It’s still going strong with Sarah . I then started a business blog in April this year, which led me to my personal, family blog here, just started in July.
2) Twitter or Facebook?
3) How do you like to spend alone time?
Huh? Alone time? I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old! If, and it’s a huge if, I were to have alone time, and I had no work to do, my favourite escape will always be reading. Books are my little haven.
4) Do you have a favourite blog? *waggles eyebrows*
I’m just getting to know bloggers and their blogs, so I don’t feel I have a favourite yet. I love blog hops and finding new ones to add to my Bloglovin feed. I do like Over 40 and a Mum to One for her wildlife posts, Precious Play for her play ideas, This Mummy for her recipes, Mammasaurus and her How Does Your Garden Grow linky, and I could go on and on as I read and enjoy a whole host of others, too – Kelly’s included!
5) What’s your favourite food ever?
Ever? Tough question. I like my food. It’s going to have to be ice cream. It’s my go-to food if I’ve had a tough day. I don’t drink much, so whereas some might need a glass of wine, I need a tub of Ben & Jerrys.
6) Where would your dream holiday be?
Road trip around the US. The husband and I drove around some of California and Vegas just before deciding to have Boo, having had a few US holidays, and we loved it. Taking the kids in a few years, 3 months, driving across the country, ending the trip at Disneyworld – it’d be amazing.
7) What were you doing this time last year?
Grumbling and expanding rapidly. Little Man was born at the start of September, so I was huge this time last year, with a very wriggly, hiccuping baby inside me
8) Who inspires you?
My children. They make me want to be a better person.
9) Do you have any pet hates?
Yes, though ‘hate’ is a little strong for it! It’s a speech-related one, so when people say things like ‘you could of done that’, ‘pacific’ instead of ‘specific’, ‘I borrowed you that’ and so on. Just makes me cringe a little.
10) Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. Why not? People say it’s happened to them, and who am I to refute that? Personally, I had a sudden and certain instinct on my first date with my husband that this was going to be the man I would marry. Here we are, 16 years later
11) What’s your favourite song?
Aah, so many! Mood dependent, too. If it’s only one, I’d choose Oasis’ Whatever.
And now for my 11 random facts:
1. I’m a big musicals fan. Whether it’s a Doris Day film, Moulin Rouge or The Rocky Horror Picture Show – I love them all. And I did own High School Musical before Boo was born..
2. My favourite book from my childhood is The Animals of Farthing Wood. I really believed in those animals and I still think of Fox and Vixen when I’m out in the countryside to this day.
3. I always have my toe nails painted.
4. I love history. Museums, castles, ruins – I’m in my element
5. I hate coffee.
6. I’ve lived within a 2 mile radius my whole life.
7. I’ve always quite fancied being a zoo keeper. Specifically, a penguin keeper.
8. I cannot draw. At all.
9. The husband and I have tickets to see Billy Joel this November. We can’t wait. And yes, we are just in our thirties.
10. I adore board games. Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Taboo and Bananagrams are my current favourites (Pictionary’s a bit dodgy – see no. 8, but I’ll play!). I love them all, except one…
11. Monopoly is banned in our home. And my brother’s home. One hot afternoon in a caravan in France a few years back. We lost hours of our lives that we’ll just never get back.
I will now be nominating…
And these are my questions for them:
1) What inspired you to start blogging?
2) How does blogging fit into your everyday life?
3) What has blogging given to you?
4) What’s your first childhood memory?
5) Which film have you seen over & over again?
6) What’s your favourite book?
7) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8) If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?
9) What was your favourite subject at school?
10) Where’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
11) What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
And thanks again, Kelly – it was fun!
So having shared all sorts of randomness about myself, surely we have some common ground somewhere?!