Proud to be home of #BringBackPaper!
I love all things papery – stationery, books, cards, gift wrap, snail mail, and so much more – and though I’m not eschewing technology, I would like to see more pretty paper circulating. You can read more about it all here, in my original #BringBackPaper post.
So what’s it all about then?
Well, it’s a place for every papery fan to converge!
– Every Wednesday on the blog is #BringBackPaper day, where I’ll share stationery, paper crafts, snail mail, books, feature guest posts from any paper fans out there, showcase papery businesses, host giveaways, and more. To get involved yourself, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Use the hash tag #BringBackPaper on Twitter and Instagram for any shares of old or new pretty stationery, book buys or involvement in the activities. On Instagram I will regram my favourite #Bringbackpaper snap of the week.
– Instagram is the place to be for book and stationery competitions and give-aways, so I’m happy to hear from brands, businesses and publishers that would like to feature there, and papery fans should keep an eye on the hash tag.
– Look out for my Instagram photo a day challenges throughout the year, always fun to do!
– There are regular papery swaps. I run book swaps, stationery swaps and one-off happy mail partnerings throughout the year, so do follow me on social media or via Bloglovin or email to ensure you don’t miss out on those (all links are in my sidebar!)
– Check out #bringbackpaper on YouTube. Every Wednesday sees a new papery upload, which could be anything from what I’ve been reading and enjoying through to rifling through my washi tape stash. I always welcome any requests so if there’s anything you’d like me talking about, sharing and showing, let me know and I’ll cover it soon for you.
– There is a ‘Papery Peep‘ monthly linky – a shot of papery goodness! May it be your bookshelves, stationery purchases, something you’ve made, a stack of notebooks, your current ‘books to read’ pile, your monthly swap, books you’ve enjoyed, a scrapbooking piece, stationery hoards, letter writing boxes, washi tape collections, anything paper goes! I do like perusing pictures and posts full of pretty stationery and books, and I’m sure I’m not the only one! Linky opens on the last Wednesday of every month and will be open for a week.
In 2016 I’m encouraging that we take a little ‘me-time’ with paper and make a Pledge..
It’s very straightforward, I’m simply asking that you take a moment to consider what you’d like to do this year, whether it be a new undertaking, an increase or simply keeping on with something, all within the realm of Bring Back Paper. The type of things that may be worth including….
- A personal reading challenge. It could be a number of books of read, new genres tried, a classics challenge or discovering a new author.
- Building in a certain amount of time or a regular period each week/month to get something papery done.
- Using paper to record special moments. For example, I keep a one line a day journal, which I love, and birthday books for the kids, which I write in on the evening of their birthdays each year.
- Trying something new. Perhaps Smashbooking, keeping a book journal, using a planner or if you like the idea of a little old fashioned letter writing, do check out my post on getting started with snail mail with tips and pointers.
You can read more about Bring Back Paper in 2016 here.
I want to get more paper enjoyed, more letter writing taking place, more happy post being sent, more books shared around, more news on beautiful products, and simply more indulgence in pretty papery goods! Please come join my papery quest and share with other like-minded people!